Dhanashree Thakkar, vice-president of HR, has been promoted to head of human resources at Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and AXA.
She succeeds Jai Balan, who will leave after the transition process is completed in June 2022. Bharti owns 51% of Bharti AXA Life Insurance, while AXA owns the remaining 49%. Through its 254 offices, the company has a pan-India reach.
Thakkar joined the firm in September 2020 and has been in charge of various significant initiatives. She is now in charge of talent management, employee engagement, performance management, as well as compensation and benefits. She has championed staff safety and well-being through several programs while also leading diversity and inclusion across the board.
“I am committed to providing value to our employees’ lives and improving their professional trajectories with relevant chances.” My goal is to continue to develop holistic staff practices that will enable us to foster cooperation, inclusivity, and progress,” Thakkar added.
She will play a key role in developing the talent acquisition and delivery strategies needed to meet the country’s commercial objectives in the future.
With over two decades of experience in the field of human resources, Dhanashree’s extensive job experience includes roles with multinationals McDonald, Korn Ferry, Mahindra & Mahindra, and Kotak Life Insurance, as well as positions in India and China. She was previously the Group Office-Future Group’s chief people officer, where she oversaw the company’s reorganization and staff optimization activities.